Friday, July 30, 2021

When Sanjay Dutt joked with policeman arresting him, just so dad Sunil Dutt wouldn't cry: 'I felt so proud'


Actor Sanjay Dutt turns 62 on Thursday. During an appearance on Rendezvous With Simi Garewal in 2006, Sanjay had spoken about how he had never felt completely at peace, at any point in his life.

From experiencing drug addiction at a young age to losing his mother Nargis, Sanjay's life has been full of heartaches and controversies. Not only this, he also had to spend a couple of years in jail, twice.

Sanjay was arrested under the provisions of the Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act in 1993. Recalling the episode, his father, Sunil Dutt, told Simi Garewal in an older interview from 1997 that Sanjay made sure he didn't break down in front of everyone.

"I remember that when his bail was cancelled, he was supposed to be taken right from the court to the jail. They were handcuffing him, and that was the first time I realised that whatever I have done for my country, it was totally futile. This is the thing which I had to see as a father. I got a little emotional. I wanted to control myself because I thought it'll affect him. And he could see that my father is going to break down. And he just caught my hand. He said, 'Dad, this is routine work. Hey inspector! Come on now, put the handcuff around me.' He took is so casually and I genuinely tell you, I felt very proud of the boy," he said.

When Sanjay arrived on the show, he was shown this clip of his father from nine years ago. He said, "He got shattered when that happened. I saw his eyes, tearing up. And I just didn't want my father to cry in front of people who looked up to him. I had to do it for him."

Also read: Anushka Sharma can't get the viral Bachpan Ka Pyar boy out of her head. See her post

Sanjay was let out of jail in October 1995. However, a few years later in 2014, Sanjay was sentenced to almost two years in jail again. He was released in February 2016.

Sanjay has since starred in multiple movies, such as Kalank, Prassthanam, Bhoomi, Sadak 2 and Panipat. He will be next seen in Bhuj, Shamshera and KGF Chapter 2.


Click here to go to the original source.

https://dgtlyf.com/when-sanjay-dutt-joked-with-policeman-arresting-him-just-so-dad-sunil-dutt-wouldnt-cry-i-felt-so-proud/

No comments:

Post a Comment